Whitewater Springboard Course (5 days)
The Whitewater Springboard is a 5 Day Intensive Course for Whitewater beginners and grade 2 paddlers looking to progress with a firm foundation.
We'll be based in Llangollen, in North Wales where the River Dee gives us a perfect staging post for our first Whitewater adventures.
Throughout this course we'll work with you to develop your abilities in the 5 key elements of Whitewater kayaking:
- Boat Control
- Understanding the River
- Controlling momentum
- River Safety
To read more about the 5 elements of Whitewater, https://www.paddle365.co.uk/post/the-5-key-elements-of-whitewater-kayaking.
At the end of this course our aim is to send you away with enough experience and knowledge to begin to make your way as a Whitewater enthusiast, plan your own adventures, have tons of great days on the river and motivated for more with a clear plan for how you can continue to gain experience and technical expertise on the water.
Who's this for?
This course is aimed at Whitewater beginners who have some experience of kayaking on flat water already and at semi experienced grade 2 kayakers who are looking for some structured coaching toward their independence and progression. Participants should have basic boat control skills on flat water, be able to paddle forwards over a reasonable distance, and be able to hold themselves stable in their kayak.
What's included in the price?
- Professional coaching from an experienced and qualified member of staff.
- A plan going forward and access to Paddle365 Mentorship Group.
- Digital copies of any photos from the trip
What isn't included?
- Accommodation and food. Contact us for hotel recommendations local to our most likely course venues.
-Transport to and from the river (unless agreed otherwise).
-Any fees needed for car parking or river access at our chosen paddling location.
-Equipment use, though if there is something you don't have please feel free to speak with us to find a solution.
Boat Hire is available for £25 per day either through us or an external partner and everything else can be sourced easily- You just have to ask.
You will need to bring:-
- Your Kayaking equipment: Boat, Paddle, Spray deck, Buoyancy Aid, Helmet, and wetsuit or dry wear, shoes to wear on the river. Let us know if there is anything you don't have. Boat Hire is available for £25 per day either through us or an external partner.
- A packed lunch and drinking water. You should bring a drybag to keep them in whilst on the water.
Course cost: £450