River Safety Training Day
Safety first! having the knowledge and tools to be safer on the river is a crucial step in becoming an more independent paddler and useful member of your paddling team. This workshop is aimed at kayakers, canoeist and stand up paddleboarders.
What is covered?
During this workshop we will be looking at:
- Self rescue techniques
- Team rescue techniques
- Craft based rescues and towing
- Swimming in moving water
- Equipment and equipment set up
- Dealing with situations
- Professional coaching from an experienced and qualified member of staff.
What's not included?
- Equipment (if there is something you don't have please feel free to speak with us to find a solution. Boat/Board Hire is available for £25 per day either through us or an external partner and everything else can be sourced easily- You just have to ask)
- Small parking or facilities fees (venue dependant)
What kit do you need?
- Boat or stand up paddleboard
- Warm clothes suitable for immersion such as a wetsuit (you will get wet) including closed toe shoes
- Any safety kit you have that you'd like to see how it works